New Jersey Education Association
The New Jersey Education Association (NJEA) was founded in 1853 with a desire to improve education and to elevate the teaching profession. NJEA has encouraged the AENJ to stand strong alongside all other subjects. They feel it is important for the AENJ to participate at the NJEA Teacher’s State Convention held in Atlantic City and to have a voice in their publication, “The Review” published monthly (September through June). We encourage our AENJ members to submit proposals to speak at the NJEA Teacher Conference.
AENJ at NJEA offers all members an opportunity to get artistically and creatively involved at the convention. Art is not just for art teachers anymore!
As an affiliate of NJEA, AENJ encourages its members to present at the state convention. If you are interested in presenting at the 2019 NJEA Convention, November 7 & 8 in Atlantic City, please click HERE. The deadline for submissions is February 1, 2019.
New Jersey Education Association (NJEA) Exhibits
Advocate for your art program at NJEA, Nov. 7-8, 2019
CALL FOR STUDENT ARTWORK SUBMISSIONS – Student work will be collected at our 2019 AENJ conference: ARTify. Please put student work in the large labeled box behind the registration table at 2019 AENJ ARTify.
ART@NJEA is sponsored by AENJ is committed to sharing a sampling of PreK through 12th grade student artwork that is being created in NJ schools. It promises to professionally represent and promote the quality art education that you offer in your school and our state.
Follow guidelines and instructions below:
1. CHOOSE YOUR STUDENT WORK:
- Select up to 3 pieces per teacher of unframed and unmounted, two-dimensional student work. Please choose work that is a standard frame size: (5×7, 9×12, 12×18) not to exceed 18 x 24 inches. Stretched canvases will be accepted, but canvas boards will not, due to their weight. Stretched canvases will be displayed as is. Make sure any painted work is completely dry. Please properly fix any smearable work. Due to the timing of the show, the work you select may be work from last school year.
- Label the back of each piece neatly in pencil with the student’s and teacher’s name, and teacher’s email address.
- Attach a completed back label/permission form to the back of the work. This must be signed by the student’s parent or guardian before you submit the work. Click here to download the AENJ back label / permission form, and here for the guidelines and front labels.
*This form also requests permission to possibly use the work for a display at NJPAC Exhibits. Please select the box on the form if you give the work permission to travel. Work will be returned at the end of the NJPAC Show.
- Drop off at the AENJ Conference Registration desk area marked “NJEA Drop-off” from, Oct 5 through Oct 7 before 2:00 pm.
- Provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope for the work and all other protective materials that you provide. Your submissions will be returned to you by mail after the NJEA convention in November (or after the NJPAC show) as they were received – unmounted and unframed.